Community Association Attorney
Jonah represents associations in a broad range of litigation matters, including covenant enforcement, construction, foreclosure, easements, elections, leasing, and governance disputes. Jonah has handled cases before the Colorado Court of Appeals, Colorado Supreme Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and the U.S. District Court of Colorado.
Jonah also regularly advises community associations on transactional matters, including interpretation and amendment of governing documents, election and voting issues, and preparation of opinion letters, policies and rules. He gives managers and board members the information and guidance they need to make informed decisions, avoid problems, and minimize risk.
Jonah delivers guidance not only as to what the law states, but also as to the impact of decisions on the community. He is a frequent speaker at educational programs pertaining to community association law.
- Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- General Association Counsel
- Association Governance
- Community Amendments
- Contact Review and Negotiation
- Policy and Rule Adopting and Drafting
- Document Interpretation
- Covenant Enforcement
Professional & Community Involvement
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations - Real Estate and Litigation Sections
- Instructor: Pitkin, Garfield, and Colorado Bar Associations, CLE in Colorado, "HOA Law Basics"
- Instructor: National Business Institute
- "Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosure"
- "Colorado Foreclosures and Workouts"
- Former Board Member - Waterside Lofts Condominium Owners' Association
- Member - LoDo District, Inc.
- Community Associations Institute, Member
University of Denver, College of Law (J.D., 2002)
University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., 1998)