Every ten years, the Constitution requires that the government take a head count (so to speak) of America’s population. The compiled data from this Census provides essential information that is used in important aspects of our country, including the following:
- Divvying up seats in Congress
- Drawing congressional district boundaries
- How federal and state funding is spent
- Small and large business information – location of distribution centers, where to build new stores, etc.
- Plans for Health and Wellness Programs
- Forecasts Social Security payouts
Invitations to complete the Census will begin being mailed out in March. We encourage you to take ten minutes to complete the Census by mail, by phone, or online. View a quick fact sheet found here, or head to the United States Census Bureau here.